Thursday, March 22, 2018

Sad reality



March 15, 2018
In the Library at my school




It’s afternoon. I’m at the school library studying for my oral Spanish exam that is going to be in an hour. While sitting on my desk, behind me there is a young man studying. An older man comes up to him and both of them are taking. Obviously, I can hear them. At one point I kept hearing “f**k people,” “f**ing this,” “That is b.s.” Eventually it became annoying hearing them say all of this.  I’ll stop with their story here.
We often say: “f**ing people,” “what an idiot,” “stupid.” And all of these are taking us far away from God and far from our salvation. Why? Didn’t God say to seek Him in our neighbour? Saying “f-you” to my neighbour or to any human being, is drawing us far from His love. Not that I’m perfect. Not even close, but I avoid saying these words. I get ashamed when I hear someone one saying it. So many times I want to walk to them and make a point but I know it might get worse. We can’t change people. We know who we can change first and foremost- ourselves.
We live in a broken and unstable generation, in a society where we simple release our problems by telling our opponent “f-you.” So easy to say it, but we do not want to take the guilt and the responsibility and fix the issue we have with that person in loving way.
It is just wrong  We will not change the world, but we can change our vocabulary, our manners, our approach, our values. Once we change those dirty habits of ours, then we will have less stress while dealing with problems, will become loving towards others, and happy and peaceful in ourselves.
Our brother (our neighbour) is our life. Our hearts are in need of a change. We can do better. We can be loving for we were made to love. It’s our nature to love!
Stoyan Andov

Editor: Dimitrios Florakis




No comments:

Post a Comment